Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, were looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person .
If youre ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies' Planning Analytics and Risk Management department has an open position of Data Scientist Innovation. This position will be based in our corporate headquarter in Fairfield, Ohio, reporting to the Director of Innovation and Research.
This newly formed innovation analytics team supports our strategic innovation across the company, covering commercial and personal line P&C insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance. The work may impact any stage of the insurance life cycle, ranging from agency relationship, marketing and risk selection, pricing, underwriting, loss control and risk mitigation, service and operation, retention, claims, and fraud. The teams goal is to bring new data, analytics, and technology into the corporation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall business. The team will also support the analytics need for any new insurance and reinsurance product.
Be ready to:
* work very closely with various business teams depending on the fast-changing needs
* learn the business and pain points from the domain experts
* utilize analytics thinking and skills to identify possible solutions
* develop prototypes together with business and IT that can make an impact to the business
* massage and understand the data
* design and build machine learning models
* evaluate the model performance and develop practical cost benefit analysis
* analyze operational process and build RPA tools (or search for available tools)
* perform ad hoc data analyses and reporting
Be equipped with:
To succeed in this role, we expect you to be/have:
* passion in numbers and quantitative analysis
* practical analytics experience
* knowledge and experience in machine learning and modeling
* deep learning experience, image segmentation and NLP experience preferred
* good coding skills
* strong problem-solving skills and a forward-looking mindset
* good people skills and excellent communication skills
* knowledge in the insurance industry a big plus
* Bachelors degree in a quantitative field such as math, physics, computer science, or economics
* Graduate level degree preferred
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or youre new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits (https%5C://www.cinfin.com/careers/benefits) and amenities (https%5C://www.cinfin.com/careers/amenities) packages.
Many departments at our Headquarters in Fairfield, Ohio, offer hybrid work options, empowering associates to work from home several days a week. Depending on your role and responsibilities, hybrid options may be available.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn More. (https%5C://www.cinfin.com/careers/labor-laws)