PHP Software Engineer
RLDatix who have recently acquired Allocate Software, are a leading provider of software technology into the Healthcare, Government and Commercial sectors.
Allocate Software has been designing innovative products to optimise complex organisations since 1991. We have taken expertise from a number of industries and applied this to the specific issues and complexity of healthcare. Today we focus on delivering software tools to help healthcare institutions manage their staff safely and efficiently so that they can deliver exceptional care to all their patients. We have customers in 11 countries, with greater than 1 million people deployed using our software in over 800 organisations.
- New role due to promotion
- 100% Remote working
- Work for a market leader
The Software Engineer is a hands-on member of a multi-disciplinary Agile Squad responsible for a specific area of the Allocate (who have recently been acquired by RLDatix) Human Capital Management stack. This role is accountable for delivering high quality software design and development as part of a broader team with specific focus on engineering excellence, timely delivery, and high levels of quality.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing, refining, estimating, and prioritising functional changes in close collaboration with the Scrum Squad leading to high quality committed deliverables.
- Producing clean and efficient code adhering to relevant patterns and standards.
- Making informed decisions and taking ownership of project outcomes.
- Engaging in design and review processes as an author.
- Performing verification and validation to ensure product backlog items are complete before handover to colleagues.
- Reviewing and debugging code associated with product backlog items.
- Troubleshoot customer production issues.
- Accommodating non-functional outcomes incorporating scale, security, deployment, and operability considerations.
- Ensuring relevant documentation is produced and accessible.
- Ensuring, in collaboration with Scrum Squad, that Definition of Done is achieved for all items.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Gathers, verifies, and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of situations. Considers a range of possible options, evaluating evidence and seeking advice where appropriate and ultimately making well considered, clear, timely and justifiable decisions (or recommendations).
- CommunicationEffective communication skills suitable for liaising with colleagues within the Scrum Team and beyond to broader project team, both on a one to one and one to many bases. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues including producing/reviewing technical documentation, preparing, organising, and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Planning and OrganisingEffective at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
Skills,Knowledge, and Experience
- Experience as a Software Engineer (PHP).
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in collaborating within a multi-disciplinary Agile Squad.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with the Microsoft and AWS technologies.
RLDatix is on a mission to change healthcare. We help organisations drive safer, more efficient care by providing governance, risk and compliance tools that drive overall improvement and safety. Our suite of cloud-based software helps organisations reduce healthcare-acquired infections, report on adverse events, and ensure patient safety learnings are deployed effectively and immediately through dynamic policy and procedure management.
RLDatix is truly global, with offices in London, Toronto, Chicago, Fairfax, Melbourne, Adelaide, San Jose and Riyadh, allowing us to be at the forefront of global patient safety and GRC movement. We envision a world where patients have access to the best and safest care possible and our team is made up of people who truly believe in what we do. Were always looking for people who are passionate about making a positive change in healthcare to join our team.