Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran – acquired by Capgemini in 2020 – and Capgemini's digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defence, and consumer products.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of 16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | Our offer
OSS Solutions Architect
This profile acts as a Design authority for the OSS Service Assurance solution, who works with SA Vendor & all other stakeholders to ensure compliance across the following areas:
- Defining the architecture & integrations
- Business & technical requirements
- Use case & detailed requirements verification
- Integration requirements
- Performance & capacity requirements
Key responsibilities include –
- Lead the architecture and design activities for OSS Service Assurance solution including Performance Management, Fault Management, Service Quality Management.
- Deliver clear and comprehensive technical documentation including High level design, low level design, Technical requirement specification, requirements traceability matrix
- Develops the full scope of the solution, working across organizations to achieve workable solutions
- High interaction with the customer’s key stakeholders including Operations and vendors
- Perform impact analysis of new requirements from technical and commercial aspects and see through the delivery of a solution.
- Work with wider integration team and IP architects to build &implement communication matrix and support troubleshooting.
- Support management and testing teams in all phases of planning and delivery
- 12+ years of experience in developing & designing large telecom applications in OSS domain
- Solid understanding of Telco Network architecture & systems – Access and Core Networks
- In-depth knowledge of telecom network management (FCAPS), performance management (PM), fault management (FM), service quality management (SQM)
- Prior experience in designing or implementing integration projects with various network management and Trouble Ticketing tools over standard interfaces (SNMP/ CORBA / XML/ SOAP/REST etc)
- Strong experience in multi-cloud network integration and troubleshooting (MPLS, BGP, DNS, LDAP/AD etc.)
- Prior experience of working with one or more OSS Service Assurance tools, such as MyCom EAA, Netcool, Granite, across FM, PM, SQM
- Good knowledge of Telco inventory and topology and Service modelling concepts (such as Nokia SURE, BMC CMDB etc.)
- Knowledge of OSS concepts related to closed loop automation, root cause analysis, alarm correlation, KPI, KQI, reports and dashboarding, thresholds
- Good knowledge of virtualization concepts (NFV, SDN, ETSI-MANO) associated to the telco domain
- Prior knowledge of Private and Public cloud technologies, preferably hands-on (AWS, Openstack etc.)
- Contribution to standards body like TMForum & Domain certifications – eTOM, TMForum, SID, TOGAF, ITIL – would be an added advantage
- Ability to create technical solution proposals
- Passion for envisaging innovative solutions and taking ownership in driving solutions.
- Should be able to work independently, be self-assertive and cooperate in teams, projects and networks to achieve results
- Strong analysis and reasoning skills
- Very good communication skills, presentation skills to customers and liaison with key suppliers / 3rd parties.
Diversity & Inclusion
Capgemini Engineering recognises the benefit that having a diverse workforce brings to our projects. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In order to support diversity in our hiring process, your application will be anonymised when shared with hiring managers to be reviewed against the position.
As a permanent employee of Capgemini Engineering you will have access to a range of benefits alongside your salary including an annual bonus scheme where you could share in the company’s success. You will get 25 days paid holiday outside of the bank holidays, a pension scheme with employer contributions, options for private medical cover as well as life assurance and enhanced maternity/paternity pay. For some employees you will also be eligible to take part in our impressive employee referral scheme (2,500 per employee referred).
- Job Title OSS Solutions Architect
- Vacancy Reference Number29233
- Work Site United Kingdom / Berkshire / Reading
- Contract TypePermanent [Full-Time]
- Minimum number of years of experience required0 year or “beginner accepted”