TelForce Group is looking for an Outside Plant Data Analyst in the Richmond area.
The OSP Data Analyst provides our construction team with routine and project level data to better identify facts and trends. Our reporting is used to monitor performance metrics within the construction department. This includes helping safety and construction personnel better understand and identify risks, validate key assumptions, and support business decisions. The OSP Data Analyst provides high level reporting and key risk indicators to senior management on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. This role should have a good understanding of data analysis. Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving abilities are required for this position.
The OSP Data Analyst will:
- Gathering data and analyzing business and user reporting requirements in consultation with both managers and end users.
- Collecting, analyzing, mining, and leveraging data stored in databases. Create detailed reports using data reporting tools and providing insights based on their findings.
- Performing quality assurance on reporting to ensure output as accurate and within control parameters.
- Facilitation of collection and distribution of report inputs and commentary with other members of the safety team.
- Updating, modifying, developing, and automating new reports using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Participating on cross-functional projects with other members of the safety department, construction department and senior management team.
- Stays abreast of changes in reporting / analytic tools and techniques to grow and expand their capabilities
- Implement, and improve company quality and safety
- Analyze data to find areas for growth.
- Motivating employees to ensure that standards are met.
- Create reports to track progress.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of utility construction
- Engineering experience
- 1+ years of telecommunications experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Organized, self-motivated, analytical, able to work with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license/satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to adhere to weight requirements for safe operation of required equipment
- Must be able to pass agility test prior to hire
- Ability to perceive differences in fiber or wire colors for identification and assignment
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
- FTTx construction, installation, and repair methods
- Good understanding of telecom network topology and customer connectivity beneficial but not required
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work with basic hand tools
- Hands-on experience on telecom networks including OSP and ISP elements beneficial but not required
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in indoor/outdoor environments in any weather conditions
- May be required to work on a rotating on-call schedule for emergencies
- Position may require local travel in the Virginia market to assist other areas
- Familiarity with OSHA and other safety regulations beneficial but not required
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, and other technologies as it relates to the position
- All new employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.