Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join the HealthSafe ID team as a Software Engineering Architect. The team works on building a state-of-the-art identity and authentication technology to service numerous populations, portals, and applications across the UnitedHealth Group and beyond. We enable users to securely access their healthcare needs. You will tackle challenging scalability problems, impact millions of people and transform healthcare.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define high to middle-level design for authentication and authorization solutions for both Web and mobile applications
- Present, explain and vet design solutions with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure solutions developed across the organization are aligned to architectural standards and the overall vision of the organization
- Work with business and technical leaders in the organization to understand and influence product vision and to develop solutions to achieve that vision
- Be able to prioritize and balance multiple initiatives and projects happening simultaneously
- Work with technical leads and security team to understand technical constraints and incorporate them into the design
- Perform code review of code and design review of designs produced by other engineers in the organization
- Support live site with production debugging, tracking down causes and fixing them in systematic ways
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and training
- 10+ years of experience with software development in one or more high-level general purpose programming languages (e.g., Java, Scala, C#, Python, Golang, etc.)
- 7+ years of experience testing, maintaining, and/or deploying software products
- 7+ years of experience in technical design of software products and components
- 5+ years of experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- 5+ years of experience with production debugging, tracking down causes and fixing them in systematic ways
- Experience with authorization frameworks like OAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Web security, authentication, and applied cryptography
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.