Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum Digital’s Data Insights team as a Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform, where you will design and develop the platform and infrastructure used by our data reporting, machine learning, and various operational teams. As part of the team, you will report to an Engineering Manager and work with teams across the company.
To know more about Optum Technology, click here.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support the data platform on which data gets collected, aggregated moved, cleansed, transformed, and analyzed
- Operationalize data insights by enabling fault-tolerant, production-scale deployments
- Apply perseverance and imagination, both in writing new software and deploying cutting edge Big Data tools like Airflow, Spark, Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Partner with data scientists and product team to understand their needs and create a platform that empowers them
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, code, test, and deliver
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related technical field
- 3+ years of expertise writing production grade code in Scala and/or Java
- Coding experience in shipping complex software to production
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, performance and scalability
- Desire to learn functional programming, specifically in Scala, as it is our primary development language
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Apache Airflow, and Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure (configuring, deploying, managing) services and distributed applications
- Experience with Python
- Understanding of fault-tolerant systems, network programming, multithreaded programming, and security
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.