Why join us?
Swoon was founded in 2012 with a mission to create distinctive designs that owners will want to keep forever, and a lofty goal to spark home obsession everywhere.
We’re an online-only furniture brand that’s making a digital experience better than a store. We design original pieces in-house and our innovative NPD process discovers the next trend, fast. Our testing platform ensures designs sell online at their intended price, and our data-led approach grows sales within families exponentially, quickly. Our business model cuts out expensive overheads like shops and overstocked warehouses, which means our prices are affordable too.
Our distinctive look unlocks collaborations with leading retailers like John Lewis and many more. This diversified growth strategy is powering our brand to a significant market share. And we’re just getting started…
What we’re looking for
We design and make things all over the world and must get them to customers perfectly and on time. But the truth is that it’s hard. We are constantly looking to improve the experience for our customers and we need every part of the supply chain working efficiently to ensure this happens.
Reporting into the Head of Commercial, you will join as an Operations Analyst, working cross functionally with all areas of the business (primarily Operations) to drive understanding of how key projects and initiatives impact supply chain efficiency. You will apply data management and analytical skills to deliver value through operational projects and problem solving.
You’ll see things that need addressing and fight hard to get things changed for the better whilst never losing your smile! Working with a lean but capable team you'll need to pack a big punch; demands will be super stretching, the pace will be fast and delivery will be critical.
The things you’ll be on the hook for:
- Regular operational reporting across manufacturing, logistics, customer care and presentation to the wider business
- Product and supplier level performance reporting, with related KPI management
- Provide analytical insight and deep dive analysis for internal stakeholders to both inform and support operational and strategic decision making
- Ad hoc data preparation, analysis and projects across all business units including finance, retail and marketing
- Identify and partner with functional leads to implement improvements in existing processes
- Influence our future analytics roadmap using cloud based analysis and visualisation tools centered around accessibility, accuracy and standardisation
- A passion for data and accuracy to drive business value
- Ability to draw out trends from raw data
- Ability to step between detail and the big picture
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Team player who is willing to take on a challenge
- A logical mindset
- Intermediate spreadsheet skills (Index match, pivot table)
- Able to handle cleaning and reconciling large amounts of data from various sources, whilst still being a champion for data integrity and continuous improvement
- You have experience in data cleansing and extraction techniques
- You have experience in using SQL
- You have some experience in using ETL tools
- Numerate degree
- You have some experience in using G suite
- You have some experience or understanding of business information system
Life at Swoon
Upbeat, ambitious and collaborative – that’s us. We’re a lean team of 25, so if you relish responsibility and like to impact an outcome, we’re the place for you. We’ve made flexible working a permanent thing. Right now, the team works from home but we’re open to what people might need in the future. We hold weekly day workshops in London and if the team wants to get together in a co-working space, that’s fine too.
We have a wide range of perks and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Share options programme
- Bonus scheme
- Wellbeing allowance
- Pension scheme
- Private medical cover
- Your birthday as an additional day off
- A day off for volunteer/community work
- Free furniture on each anniversary of employment
- Increasing holiday allowance with tenure
- Friends & family discount
Liked what you read and keen to join us? Send us your application and we will get in touch very soon!