Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You will work in a team of Network Planners, Developers and Data Scientists to support the development of software and analytics capabilities for modelling Sky's European network infrastructure and to drive the network strategy.
Physical presence at the Brick Lane office in London is required for this role.
What you'll do:
Data Engineering and Network Modelling
• Ingest and process network usage and commercial data
• Build capacity and economic network models
• Generate capacity and budget forecasts
• Apply data science methodologies to analyse and improve network performance and cost efficiency
• Develop Insights to support commercial objectives and present analysis/plans to relevant stakeholders up to UK CTO
• Develop and Deploy software to support data collection and interaction with delivery teams
• Design, Develop and Support Network Automation tools
• Extract and evaluate requirements from service owners
• Identify, modify, or create and document business processes
What you'll bring:
This is a highly dynamic role that will allow you to grow multidisciplinary skills in the Data Science, Network Modelling and Software Development domains
• BSc in Computer Science (or similar)
• 3+ years Industry experience developing and deploying Python applications
• Working experience with handling and analysing large data sets
• Hands-on knowledge of SQL
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies
• Excellent partner management skills
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the newest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We're aggressive, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and varied community; close to street food, cafes, and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed 30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Job ID: 58423Job Area: Software & Product Development