About the Role:
The Network Analyst II/III-NOC will assist with the operational support and troubleshooting for Optical Fiber to the Tower (Backhaul) wholesale customer data and transport services. Other responsibilities may include support for Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Dark Fiber, and Wave services. Candidates will need to be able to work any shift in a 24/7 NOC environment.
What Youll Do:
- Work with LECs, IXCs, vendors, internal departments, and customers to successfully troubleshoot impairments and outages as required.
- Utilize the Remedy ticketing system for documentation, escalations and Field Operations Dispatches.
- Act as first level support for FTTT and other NOC verticals as needed
- Follow prescribed escalation (internal/external) polices within SLAs
- Accept escalations as provided by management
- Ability to read and interpret CLR/DLRs
Do You Have?
- 2-3 years of telecommunications industry or networking experience
- Advanced understanding of Fiber Optic Networks, DWDM and SONET, GIGE, Ethernet services
- Experienced working with Remedy ticketing system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & Microsoft Visio
- Experienced with L1 through L3 services
- Strong ability to work complex problems, evaluate information and arrive at creative solutions
- Strong understanding of monitoring/troubleshooting practices and procedures
- Well versed in optical Ethernet functionality
- Familiarity with DWDM, passive and active systems
- Ethernet over Sonet services
- Ciena/Cyan Z series transport
- Cisco ONS transport systems
- Infinera experience
- Accedian Metro Ethernet familiarity Metronode/Metronid technologies
- L2/L3 VPN
- MEF 2.0
- Juniper/Cisco router experience
- Y.1564/Y.1731 testing standards
- CCNA, JNCIA or Ciena certification preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream Holdings, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Associate's Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 5 years directly related to the job; or 8 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.