This opportunity is remote first but assigned to our Manchester office and will be used as required for meetings / networking etc.
Sage is the proud market leader in cloud business management solutions supporting millions of small and medium size businesses globally. Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll, and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
At Sage, we’re focused on giving businesses of all sizes the technology to better manage everything from money to people. You’ll be part of a global market leader but with a very local heart. We’re a FTSE 100 company with £60m of new investment into the business, over 13,000 colleagues globally, and we continually give back to our local communities.
The Software Engineer is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage’s business plans and long term objectives using the identified architecture.
You will design, develop and deliver high quality products and/or systems and services that exceed customers’ or business partners’ expectations and will proactively share their own knowledge for specific technical solutions and business processes in their area of responsibility.
- Successful develop, delivery maintain high quality software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
- Contribute to quality activities, incl. peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post- release patches.
- Be an active and enthusiastic team player. Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments.
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
- Work cross-functionally with various Sage teams: product management, QA/XD, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results.
- Proven experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable.
- Continuously strive to make improvements to the existing products and/or systems and services.
- Ensure all tasks are completed to the required quality standards.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools & techniques
- Provide 3rd tier support and/or expertise for the area of responsibility.
Why Join Sage?
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage – doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
In addition, we offer competitive salary and bonus potential combined with benefits package. The benefits include generous pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, 25 days annual leave and holiday buy/sell, five volunteering days, career progression, access to 24/7 mental-health support, flexible work, inclusiveness and more!
At Sage, we recognize that the world of work has rapidly shifted over the last few years, particularly how we work. That is why we have committed to working in a hybrid way going forward. Human connection is an essential ingredient of the 4 principles that make up our Flexible Human Work hybrid framework and we want to be transparent in what that looks like when you join our Sage family. On one hand, our offices will continue to play an important role in our future and serve as a place for spontaneous conversations, connection, collaboration as well as focused time. On the other hand, we have learned to reimagine where and when we work and to unlock that flexibility and innovation for our colleagues offering them the opportunity to work flex across their home, Sage offices or customer sites.
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!