National Security Manchester Overview
The National Security business in Manchester is growing and there are an increasing number of opportunities to work with a range of National Security clients to provide solutions that have a real impact.
Be part of a growing team that not only delivers for its clients but also gives back to the community with plenty of opportunities to get involved with local community engagement and outreach activities to help build tech and cyber skills in the region.
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector.
What you could be doing for us:
- Designing, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs, and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system
- Providing accurate estimates of development effort needed to design, code and test software from given specifications
- A focus towards Data Processing
- Working on AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Opportunities to mentor junior level developers, providing oversight where applicable
- Logically analysing code defects and produces timely code fixes
What background are we looking for?
- A good understanding of back-end programming languages: Java, C++ Node.JS, Python, C
- The desire to solve complex technical problems, helping our customers achieve their goals
- Someone who has the aspiration to learn new skills and better themselves where possible
- Knowledge of some cloud engineering such as AWS, Docker, Microservices ect is desirable but not essential
- The ability to work as part of a team, knowledge share and be involved with our Agile ways of working
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
- Feel free to join in with some of our monthly social events ranging from: 'First Friday', Lunch & Learns (free pizza/snacks), Tech Talks and much more.
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
If this sounds like you, it's time to apply…
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.