National Security Overview
The National Security business is growing and there are an increasing number of opportunities to work with a range of National Security clients to provide solutions that have a real impact.
Be part of a growing team that not only delivers for its clients but also gives back to the community with plenty of opportunities to get involved with local community engagement and outreach activities to help build tech and cyber skills in the region.
We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector.
What you could be doing for us:
- Design, develop, test and support data collection, data integration and ETL applications to make information and data available to key client stakeholders and technical interfaces
- Model data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work
- Defining how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of corporate data assets
- Using categories of products that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata
- Define metadata to provide searchability and governance (including Records Management) for unstructured data.
What background are we looking for?
- Data Engineering, Analysis or Science, with a solid understanding of programming languages along with experience of applying them in your previous role
- Experience in using Data Engineering tools and technology ETL tools including Python and a number of the Big Data Applications. Rather than specifying a list of technologies we look for, demonstrable ability in what you have used previously, along with adaptability and willingness to learn is what we value
- A good understanding of Open Source software for Data Engineering and can evaluate these platforms against products. Given a customer problem you can analyse and evaluate options and recommend solutions.
- An understanding of maintaining and applies up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts (including unstructured, NoSQL and “big data” platforms), object and data modelling techniques.
- Previous experience working in the domain of Cyber Security and Intelligence is desirable, but not essential.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.