You’ll be helping the biggest names in the aerospace industry develop the next generation of multicore software systems, getting high performance from safety-critical systems.
Multicore Software Engineer
Salary £31k – £65k (depending on experience).
Our client is a specialist in on-target software verification, performance profiling, and timing analysis of real-time embedded systems. Our major customers are in the aerospace and automotive industries.
About the Multicore Software Engineer Role
Working with the latest research, you’ll be part of a team of like-minded experts, who take pride in carrying out software/hardware research and development, finding new ways to analyse multicore systems and delivering high-class technical solutions to the most complex aerospace software systems.
If you love embedded software, solving technical challenges and working with other talented engineers, you'll fit right in.
As a multicore expert, you will help to deliver our client’s CAST-32A multicore Compliance Solution – working with customers to achieve flight certification for safety critical aerospace software and systems.
This will include:
* Working with a wide variety of processors, compilers, debuggers and real-time operating systems.
* Research and development, using your initiative, developing new technologies, questioning assumptions, and challenging results.
* Software engineering, designing, building and using our software tools.
* Working with customers, analysing multicore processors, working out how to test and verify aspects of the platforms.
* Verifying and testing requirements for aerospace software applications, from review through to flight certification.
A day in the life of a multicore engineer may include working on a pilot study with a customer, explaining new product feature ideas to the development team, analysing software requirements and automation of test cases for embedded software.
Technologies you will work with:
* Real-time systems and multicore embedded platforms such as T1040, T2080, Layerscape, Tiger Lake.
* Real-time operating systems such as Integrity, VxWorks, Deos, and hypervisors.
* Debuggers, JTAG, Lauterbach, logic analysers, networking.
* Our client’s RVS verification tools and RTBx hardware.
* C, C++, Ada, Python and other programming, scripting and testing languages.
* Windows and Linux.
* Guidelines and standards: DO-178C, CAST-32A, AMC 20-193, DO-330, ARINC-653, ISO 26262.
What would make you great at this role:
You'll need some of the following experience and skills:
* A strong software background, degree or PhD in computer science, electronics or similar.
* Experience of multicore, real-time systems or embedded platforms.
* Understanding of computer architecture concepts such as cache organization, DMA, MMU, Interrupt driven I/O.
* Skills in some of the following: C, C++, Ada, Assembly, Python – the ability to learn new technologies is far more important than knowing specific languages.
* Ability to multitask effectively on several active projects and be organized under pressure.
* A “can do” attitude and enthusiasm alongside the desire and ability to solve complex technical problems.
* Familiarity with any of DO-178C, CAST-32A, AMC 20-193, DO-297, ARINC-653, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 or related technologies.
This position could suit a range of experiences from a new graduate to someone with years of industrial experience.
* Flexible working
* Excellent working culture and ethos.
* Some remote working is available.
* 33 days of flexible annual leave (including bank holidays).
* Private pension.
* Cycle-to-work scheme.
* And more…
How to apply for the Multicore Software Engineer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK – Sponsorship available for exceptional candidates.
Other suitable skills and experience include: Software Development, Software Engineer, Development Engineer, Aerospace, Software Engineering, Senior Software Development Jobs Yorkshire, IT jobs York