Job Title: Mobile Software Engineer- IOS
Terms: Direct Hire
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
As one of the country's leading connectivity providers and largest ISPs, the Client appreciates the tremendous value WIFI provides our customers today and how it will power the technological innovations of the future. Today, the clients WIFI network serves more than 300 million wireless devices, many of which are smart phones provided by cellular companies, and carries 80 percent of the data consumed on those devices in our customers' homes and offices.
The wireless device engineering team is seeking Mobile Software Engineer – iOS to work on mission-critical projects contributing to the clients commitment of building and expanding intelligent WIFI capabilities.
As a member of the wireless engineering organization, you'll be required to work in an agile team environment where professional respect and communication is key. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. You must be fun, energetic, outgoing and willing to go the extra mile for your teammates.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mobile Software Engineer – iOS will help with the design, development, documentation, and troubleshooting of our Connection Manager application in addition to new technology projects involving iOS. You should have a real passion for the latest technology trends and be willing to share new technology opportunities with the broader team. More specifically, you will:
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible and unit-tested appropriately
- Communicate frequently and effectively with other engineers on the team in addition to our product managers, scrum masters and project managers.
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
- Implement new requirements within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
- Manage detailed application requirements and collaborate with project /development teams to ensure quality function, features and user experience
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipate potential errors/issues
- Production experience with iOS application development
- Strong Swift, iOS SDK, Objective-C, multi-threading skills
- Experience building large scale, complex, iOS application optimized for both UX and performance
- Knowledge of iOS best practices principles and patterns
- Project experience with enterprise in-house development focusing transactional business data processing and endpoint integrations
- Practical knowledge / experience on integration with 3rd party analytics SDKs is preferred, such as Google Analytics
- Hands on experience integrating iOS applications to backend services
- Working experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices
- Good understanding of OO Design, concurrency, synchronization, memory management, data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Working experience and knowledge in TDD & BDD development practices
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix kernel programming on networking is preferred
- Self-motivated and passionate attitude — you wake up in the middle of the night to write down that great idea for your app you saw in your dream
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Team player mindset and a great sense of humor
- Willingness to mentor and advise other engineering team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting abilities
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
5+ years iOS application development experience
7+ years software development experience
1+ years web services development experience using REST, JSON, XML
1+ years version control systems experience (Git and Atlassian suite)
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years