A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Mission Operations Engineer, you will develop applications, automation, and data pipelines to address pain points impacting critical internally and externally-facing problems. You will work side-by-side with Forward Deployed Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, and internal Support teams to to evolve Palantir's infrastructure, implement process improvements, and craft custom tools to improve the efficiency and scalability of critical business processes.
On the Mission Ops team, no week is quite like the last, but each project starts with a problem statement, then follows through development, deployment, and monitoring. You are empowered to own your projects from end to end, iterating directly with users and teammates to deliver technical outcomes that better our business. These outcomes may range from custom applications, to open source tools, to building on top of our core products to unlock Palantir's potential for our own operations. Past projects have included:
‘ Implemented solutions for automated provisioning of hundreds of Palantir product stacks on bare metal systems.’ Built pipelines for automatically deploying Stack Overflow Enterprise to AWS (see our Medium Blog Post).’ Created a full-stack application to enable the automatic assignment of support tickets to Palantir engineers on a global scale.’ Delivered novel technical solutions for demonstrating Palantir products live in the field at major events.Core Responsibilities
- Design and build bespoke software products, adhering to best practices for security and maintainability, while being driven by business priorities.
- Contribute to the operations and maintenance of existing team projects, providing bug fixes and requested features, and remediating system outages during business hours.
- Become an expert in the Palantir Foundry platform, utilizing PySpark and Typescript to build workflows analyzing business data.
- Collaborate with both external and internal customers, and vendors, to develop processes and software solutions that integrate custom and public APIs to deliver diverse mission-critical business services. Examples include automating complex logic for JIRA ticket triage, server hardware procurement, and geographical map tiles delivery.
What We Value
- BS/MS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience (3-5 years in a technical / engineer role)
- Experience with scripting and automation with Bash and/or Python
- Practical experience of setting up a CI/CD pipeline, and integration of automation technologies e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, Gitlab
- Experience with Cloud technologies and provisioning: e.g. AWS, Azure, CGP, Kubernetes, Hashistack, Terraform
- Practical experience with Linux system administration (RHELor CentOS preferred)
- Ability to creatively and analytically problem solve, prioritizing reliability and security best practices
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team, leveraging effective communication and prioritization skills
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.