Mid to Sr. Data Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT
Pay Range: $130K – $150K + Bonus
Our client is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Utah. They are growing on all levels of their organization! This candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams that turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions and business processes. They will also gain an in-depth understanding of the cybersecurity business environment and will be responsible for the maintenance and health of tools that ingest data generated by a diverse set of platforms. For this role the tools used will be largely cloud based and support both streaming and batch processing trying to streamline data collections and how the data is being read.
- Writing data applications using tools such as Python specifically with data science libraries), SSIS, Airflow, Talend and similar.
- Thorough knowledge of RDBMS, particularly SQL Server and Postgres
- Build and manage AWS database technologies such as RDS and Glue
- Create data systems and manage Snowflake databases.
- Build and interacting data warehousing and big data technologies
- Create and maintain data pipelines to support data science
- Create streaming data systems using Kafka
- Create and optimize very large data structures
- Experience working with ingest and writing to API's
- Experience with ETL and intelligence systems
- Build and query with OO, SOA and Web Services (RESTful preferred) patterns and practices
- Experience with AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
- Maintain the health of data infrastructure and troubleshoot performance issues
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- May work after hours to complete business objectives if required
- 5 years of Database and data system development (mid needs 3+ years)
- Kafka or Snowflake
- AWS technologies
- Experience with developing SSIS Packages
- Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- Streaming technologies
- Anything to do with data frames
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results. In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at – www.consultnet.com