This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive Software Design Engineer C++ Linux to join an exciting high-growth business within the energy sector based in the Chester area. The company sits right at the forefront of technological development in support of low-cost energy networks accelerating the transition to energy decarbonisation.
You will be required to:
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Software Engineer specialising in C++ with a Linux
background to join an established development team developing a wide range of cutting edge, exciting
products for the Electricity Utility industry. Products include industry leading handheld instruments,
desktop software, widescale deployment embedded systems and big data storage systems.
The successful candidate will join an already established agile team concentrating on development of
applications and the underlying platform for substation automation and intelligence, revolutionising the
electricity distribution network. Product technology includes C++ (11/14/17), Linux, SQLite, Python and
Docker, interfacing to bespoke hardware designs and big data systems.
This role is ideally suited to an experienced and proactive engineer who is looking to be a part of a
small team with shared responsibilities over the product and deployments. Attention to quality and a
• Minimum 10 years experience of Professional Software Development
• Solid understanding and application of C++ 11/14/17
• Excellent communication, and presentation skills
• Proven track history of software design and specification through to implementation
• Familiar with development targeted for Linux, and Linux as a development environment.
• Experience of C++ Unit testing frameworks through writing and maintaining of unit tests.
• Experienced in the use of source control systems such as Git and SVN.
• Experience working to quality standards.
• Full responsibility and ownership of projects & tasks
• Good attention to detail and focuses on producing quality software
• Able to be flexible and determine changing priorities
• Experience using agile methodologies
• Experienced in use of Docker
• Good understanding of Python
• Experience developing GUI applications using Qt, ideally for both Linux and Windows
• Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
• Experience of Continuous Integration tools
• Awareness of electricity industry or control room applications would be advantageous.
• Familiarity with SCADA protocols such as DNP3, IEC (phone number removed)-104 would be highly advantageous
• Experience of leading a team of engineers on a project
To find out more about the role and how you can support this journey, please apply immediately by sending your CV via the link provided. All applications are treated with absolute discretion, so send your CV now to arrange a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the global high technology, engineering, and manufacturing sectors, and we pride ourselves on delivering a premium recruitment service.
If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities.
Both Cubiq Recruitment and our customer are equal opportunities employers and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable