Modern Workplace Solution Lead (M365 & Intune)
70k + (15% Bonus, 4k car allowance)
Birmingham Business Park (2 days), Remote (3 days)
Please note we are unable to offer sponsorship
What you'll be doing:
As part of this Modern Workplace role, you will be involved in designing solutions for enterprise clients and forming strong relationships with the client and third parties. Given the nature of our Managed Service clients and sectors, you should have the potential to be SC cleared (i.e. you need to have been in the UK for the past 5 years).
Furthermore, you will:
- Work with the practice lead for the Microsoft Platform M365 and associated Azure services
- Technical governance and design authority for the M363 services.
- Provide leadership and support to senior client stakeholders regarding high-level investigations into best operations for high-level Microsoft practice.
- Work with the wider team to ensure platform integration is properly conducted and maintained to expectations and needs.
- Take part in pre-issue/post-issue peer reviews, utilising your expertise and up-to-date knowledge to advise on the viability of proposed solutions or advise alternatives.
- Organise the implementation through constant improvement of information systems, data handling, processes/procedures, organisation and equipment.
- Utilise your excellent communication skills and client communication history to ensure customers and internal stakeholders are aware of progress and plans.
- Ensure you develop yourself through offered training and collaborative forums to stay up-to-date with emerging Microsoft capabilities to ensure you're offering nothing short of excellence.
What to expect
As a Modern Workplace Solution Architect, you will be responsible for consulting, designing and implementing of the M365 suite. A particular focus on Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online and OneDrive architecture.
This role will reside within the Managed Services division and will report to the Head of Modern Workplace and EUC.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Provide our diverse range of customers with agnostic, industry-leading advice, and expertise to help them select the right technology solutions and make the most of them
- Drive enhanced user experiences and digital workspace transformation
- Lead presales opportunities from inception through to handover into delivery
- Aid in go to market message, driving and evangelising our opinion, breadth of capability and experiences to internal teams, customers, and partners
- Act as a senior architect within the Workspace team as well as the wider Solutions group.
- Work with customers, presales and Client Partners to qualify opportunities, understand business and technical requirements and design appropriate solutions using a breadth of workspace and adjacent technologies.
- Produce high quality documentation from solution designs, contribute to RFP responses, business cases, HLDs and SoWs.
- Support the smooth handover of projects into the delivery teams and acting as an escalation point during their life and transition into service
- Explain and evangelise the features, benefits and technical specifications of Workspace and adjacent technologies, solutions and services to internal and external audiences
What you'll need:
- 5 years of experience across Azure and M365
- Demonstrable architectural understanding of multiple aspects of M365, examples include but not limited to:
- Intune / Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Azure Active Directory
- Deployment of applications
- Power Shell
- Proficient knowledge of the advantages and capabilities of the Microsoft Cloud Platform
- Experience producing detailed specifications regarding expectations and needs
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK as required
- Experienced in handling RFC (Request For Change) and CCNs (Change Control Notices)
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications
- Ability to demonstrate tangible continuous service improvement
- Must be an excellent team player and communicator
- High quality documentation and presentation abilities are mandatory
- Highly committed, motivated and self-starter must be able to give himself/herself directions rather than waiting for a steer from above
- Ability to work with a diverse group of technically experienced resources
- Degree-level education or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Viva
- Experience with Azure Virtual Desktop environments
- Prior experience of working in a multi-vendor managed services environment is extremely desirable
- Experience working with an onshore-offshore model is desirable