The Job on Offer
As a Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer will be working on some of the largest Microsoft projects on the market and be part of a great team, delivering enterprise scale projects in a wide range of industries. You will be leading project deliveries, ensuring solutions are secure, scalable, and fit for purpose, all within the Microsoft technology stack.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We're active on social media and for those that want to find out more, look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: Capgemini Microsoft Blog and http://capgemini.github.io/. We have some public opensource project available in our GitHub (https://github.com/capgemini) and much more are on the pipeline to be released.
- A Software Engineering mindset, broad understanding of DevOps but with in-depth knowledge and experience of implementations with the Microsoft product stack (Azure/.NET, Dynamics or SharePoint) with special focus in Azure DevOps
- Scripting languages, PowerShell/Bash , Automating the creation and maintenance of complex cloud infrastructure (anything as code).
- PaaS, Serverless, IaaS VMs, Storage, security configuration o Applying of security engineering principles (DevOps)
- Automation & Configuration Management tools such as Terraform , Source code control repository for Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) or Git
- Azure Services (Application Insights, Azure DevTest Lab, API Management, Web and Mobile Apps, Windows VM etc.)
- Awareness of other CI, CD & build automation tools -Jenkins, Quick Build, Teamcity, GitLab, Octopus Deploy etc.
- A desire to continually develop your knowledge of new functionality in the Microsoft platforms, keeping on top of roadmaps, studying for certifications and being ahead of the curve and latest trends to bring maximum value to our clients
- You will be required to pass through BPSS Security Clearance if you are successful in this recruitment process, which is a condition of undertaking the role. Please ensure you are aware of the requirements before submitting your application
Our consultants collaborate with clients and developers to identify, explain, design, and implement the right solutions and processes for our clients. Working as subject matter experts and trusted advisors in everything DevOps related, our consultants build out a continuous integration process married with a solid release strategy while having the ability to upskill our customer's team members and advise on best practice and strategy to management. Your passion for DevOps will be anchored in Microsoft technologies while being aware of other open-source options to be able to give well rounded and extremely informed advice.
- Understand the current client/project landscape and define and design the DevOps processes
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge Digital / Cloud-based architectures in development today
- Identify the Accelerators that can be introduced to assist with the implementation and adoption of DevOps within the project and organisation.
- Implementation of DevOps process including ensuring the adoption by the development teams.
- Manage and maintain the DevOps processes throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Use effective communication to work with development teams to constantly enhance, document, found processes, improve coordination, and increase the operational performance and security of systems.
- Working with the wider Capgemini DevOps community to identify and develop new accelerators that can be introduced to new and existing projects.
- Exposure to a variety of industries e.g., Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing, Transport, Health.
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini are Microsoft Digital Transformation Partner of the year for 2021, an Inner Circle Partner and support the Microsoft Partner Pledge.
Why Capgemini is unique
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn't necessarily right for everyone. So, we'd love to hear from you if you feel you're a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we'll find the right working approach for you.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of ’16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com