AEGIS London are Hiring
Job Title – MI Data Analyst
Location – Hybrid working – based in our London offices at least 2 days per week.
About the job – AEGIS London are currently a MI Data Analyst to join their high performing MIS Team. The successful candidates will be tasked with the provision of management information in accordance with monthly and quarterly reporting timetables. You will also assist with the ongoing review and development of the internal control environment encompassing data governance, lineage and validations alongside assisting with the development of internal reporting capabilities. This is an excellent position for someone looking to further progress their career within the London Market within a high performing syndicate.
- Effective assistance and liaison with the MIS Manager to manage current MI services so that they are accurate, stable and robust to meet the needs of the business.
- Contribute to the MI team within the domains of development, testing and implementation of new reporting solutions.
- To manage and develop MI reports and services to support business needs involving building queries, views, objects and testing reports.
- Development of new reports whilst enhancing existing reports using SQL and reporting services.
- Gathering reporting requirements from various departments and subsequent production of MI reports on a timely and prioritised basis.
- Manage the analysis of data/reporting issues, engaging with other teams to understand and resolve issues at the root cause.
- Excellent user/stakeholder management skills.
- Prior Syndicate experience is advantageous.
- Effective and well development communication skills.
- The ability to organise and prioritise workloads under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong documentation skills with a high attention to detail.
- A good team player who can also work from own initiative.
- In-depth SQL knowledge including the ability to trouble shoot and performance tune queries.
- Experience of writing reports in SSRS would be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Comfortable with technical issues including PC and server hardware and operating systems.
- Prior experience within Lloyds or the London Market would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of underwriting data flows would also be advantageous.
- Ability to assimilate technical subject matters from business users.
- Knowledge of Pyramid Analytics would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with OpenBox Plus would be beneficial.
AEGIS London is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the value of a diverse workforce in facilitating better decision making and business growth. We also encourage a variety of differing views, perspectives and insights to create a collaborative working environment. Diversity and Inclusion are fundamental to our business and we encourage applications from all backgrounds recognising the diversity of society and our customers.
As a business, we understand individual circumstances may differ and aim to be adaptable and to support flexible working practices. Talk to our recruitment team to understand how AEGIS London can help support you in reaching your full potential.