One of the leading fleet maintenance companies in the U.S., is seeking an experienced, inspired and mission-driven Master Data Manager to join our growing team!
The Manger of Master Data Management specialist will model, maintain, and enhance the processes for our Master Data Management (MDM) initiatives across our business, supporting our changing needs and strategic objectives. This position will manage and support operations by monitoring and analyzing master data, key data, and master relationship data.
This role will be accountable for the strategic direction and oversight of the MDM program direction, data modeling, transformation, and leveraging best practices to improve our overall data management and data quality. Identify opportunities to leverage MDM and Data Quality efforts to improve business results across our customer's enterprise and collaborate across the organization to drive change and capitalize on such opportunities.
In this role, you will be the technical leader responsible for the development, evolution, and implementation of master data for the entire company. This role has a very high impact to the company!
What's in it for you? This is based in Charlotte, NC and is a 50% remote opportunity! Benefits include medical, dental, vision, Unlimited PTO, paid holidays and sick time, 401K, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, growth opportunities, progressive company culture and more!
What the role looks like:
- Create & establish master data policies, strategies & programs to ensure data accuracy & completion
- Establish and supports multi-domain MDM governance processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of Peoplesoft, Adaptive, Domo data in relation to other systems data
- Own, create, update, and train standardized processes related to all master data
- Defines, documents, and maintains the data quality rules for assigned Master Data elements
- Collaboratively organizes and leads cross functional teams to document and maintain multi domain master data policies, processes, data standards, RACI, Metrics/KPIs, SLA's, training documentation and desktop procedures across Peoplesoft and non-Peoplesoft technology platforms
- Utilize third-party resources and cross functional teams to establish and maintain formal documentation of master data architecture/lineage, metadata dictionaries and business glossaries
- Ensure documentation and data management process controls are established and operating effectively to support both internal and external data security/audit/compliance requirements
- Routinely reports on the overall health of data across multiple data domains compared to data quality standards and metrics
- Will manage the processing of master data requests as well as performing special MDM projects
- Proactively works with Master Data Process Domain Leads (data stewards) and other team members utilizing innovative and resourceful tactics to harmonize and streamline master data quality processes and controls across multiple domains
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in master data management, metadata management, and data governance operations.
- Provides solution architecture to various projects in adherence to the overall MDM Strategy and Roadmap
- Works with Enterprise Architects, Solution, and product owners to develop detailed technical architecture pattern for Master Data initiatives and system coherence
- Manage a cross functional (matrix) team of data stewards.
- Deliver value to the business through enterprise data management and analysis.
- Work with IT and business stakeholders to deliver capabilities for business decision support and master data management.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor of Sciences Degree required with a focus in Business or Technology; an MBA is preferred.
- 5+ years of data management/analysis experience, including extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze data structures & patterns using SQL
- Demonstrated ability to structure and solve ambiguous and business challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects.
- Experience with MDM tools and processes.
- Experience in multiple areas of MDM including Data Profiling, metadata acquisition, data migration, validation, and automation.
- Experience with ERP systems (Preferably Peoplesoft
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office preferred, especially Teams, Project and Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of RPA a plus.
- Systems and technical aptitude to understand how data is structured.
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple data activities.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to process and structure qualitative and quantitative data in a way that can be shared with others to help facilitate informed business decision making.
- Skilled at active listening, written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, collaborating with peers and providing leadership or guidance as needed.