About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer (UI/UX)…
In this role, you will:
- Designing and developing User Interface to support graphical visualization and data insights and workflow management tool.
- We are looking for a dynamic UI Designer who will be responsible for the user experience and user interface (UI) design of our various digital assets.
- You will design interfaces from scratch and reimagine existing UIs, optimizing for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
- Deep understanding of typography, color, layout and composition with pixel-perfect attention to both prototypes and design hand-overs for development
- Present designs to internal stakeholders and field feedback – implement, advise, or defend as appropriate
- Work with the dev team to implement the interfaces you've designed or modify them when necessary
- Designing robust code from the point of view of performance, reuse and supportability, proper controls, consistent with best practices and with
- Implementing organization mandated SDLC /Agile processes and built in controls for consistent delivery
- Identifying the root cause of issues, coming up with an efficient solution and if needed appropriately escalate issues & risks
- Discussing requirements and testing details with Tech Lead, Data Scientist, QA and business stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience as a User Interface developer over 5 years with a proven record of multiple successful deliveries
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Angular, D3, CSS, flex and Graph
- 3 years' demonstrable experience in Jenkins, Devops (CI-CD) process, Value add if few years of experience using Autosys and Java
- User-Interface development using D3, Angular,html5,Css/SCSS, Flex , Strong in UI design MongoDB/NoSQL/DataStax etc
$133,300.00 – $237,100.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.