Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
- Manages SBs production environment related to DevOps activities including Source Control, Continuous Integration & deployment , Release Management, code fixes and updates
- Leads the design and implementation aspect for new DevOps initiatives
- Designs, implements and manages DevOps capabilities located on-prem and in the cloud
- Ability to lead all new initiatives and help drive results
- Ensures DevOps system builds are robust, scalable and have proper HA configuration
- Defines automation requirements for continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Works with Development for defining branching strategies
- Provides a plan to automate and integrate test data provisioning with automated environment creation
- Leads, coaches and mentors the DevOps engineers from our technology suppliers
- Hires, trains, coaches and mentors the DevOps engineers employed by Sunbelt
- Identifies, develops and creates dashboards to monitor the maturity of Dev Ops processes
- Serves as the subject matter expert for all DevOps related activities
- Collaborates with our external partners and System Integrators for DevOps activities
- Helps to integrate DevSecOps by working with the security team
- Ensures that DevOps best practices are implemented throughout the infrastructure
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience plus 8+ years of experience implementing and supporting Pipelines utilizing Jenkins, Terraform, Artifactory, Maven, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet/Ansible/Salt Stack, and Azure DevOps
- Includes at least 3 years of leadership experience
- Includes at least 3 years of experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions
- Includes at least 3 years of experience with microservices architectures and deploying Docker containers
- Must be a self-starter and passionate about competitive research to uncover and articulate competitive advantage and have deep insights into real-world customer issues
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers
- Proven ability to engage across corporate functions (Services, Product Management, Development, QA, Operations)
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical and collaboration skills
- Good understanding of DevOps model and practices
- Hands on experience with several DevOps tools (Git, Gradle, GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Veracode, Azure DevOps, Bitbucket
- Familiar with third party platform integration such as Salesforce, MuleSoft and Adobe
- Open-source software deployment and customization experience required Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, HAProxy, etc
- Ability to provide high quality verbal and written communication, as well as well-developed listening and documentation skills
- Strong organizational, presentation and meeting skills
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success
- Able to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- Hands on with Shell scripting basics
- Experience with Atlassian suite, Maven and Artifactory, GitHub, Kubernetes, Open Shift, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, uDeploy, OpenShift, Selenium
- Experience working alongside and supporting multiple Agile development teams and vendors
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the fundamentals of Application server, Web server and systems administration
- Experience deploying to leading cloud providers Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Ability to analyze .Net and Java code base related to DevOps code merges and deployment activities
- Familiarity with large scale monitoring and analysis systems, such as Dynatrace, Sumo Logic, ELK or Splunk
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.