Careers with naviHealth. At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care.
naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time.
Role Specific Language:
- The Manager, DevOps Engineering will continue to improve our DevOps practice, and lead efforts to improve our infrastructure and operations to maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance.
- The DevOps Manager is passionate about the technical aspect of operations and making sure that everything is running smoothly for naviHealth’s web application-based products. The ideal candidate is comfortable as the interfaces between the dev team and operations team as he or she works to facilitate solution delivery and day-to-day operations; understands technology deeply at both the system and at software development levels, and the gaps that are often. He or she works to fill these gaps to enable communication and solution delivery.
- The DevOps Manager manages service delivery and application/systems reliability and scalability including: reporting, configuration and build, testing, planning, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners). This person must be able to coordinate well between a variety of vendors and technical experts.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, and improve overall performance
- Work with software engineering teams to ensure solutions adhere to CI/CD standards
- Increase instrumentation and automation of tests to validate our environments
- Coordinate and be able to resolve issues across the the middleware and application
- Lead activities for site reliability
- Participate in production monitoring and triage
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Manager, leading the expansion and improvement of DevOps capabilities
- 4+ years of experience with Linux system administration (CentOS, RedHat or Ubuntu)
- 4+ years of hands on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- 3+ years overall systems engineering experience
- Extensive experience with web server configuration, monitoring, trending, network design and high availability
- Command of your favorite scripting language: Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Java, C++, etc. to ensure operations automation and data gathering are accomplished seamlessly
- Familiar with systems management tools (Puppet, Chef, Capistrano, etc)
- Extensive experience with any enterprise monitoring systems like Nagios
- Extensive experience with system security
- NoSQL experience
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge with Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD): Bamboo, Jenkins
- Knowledge with Build Engineering: Maven, Bitbucket, Stash, Git, Artifactory, SonarQube, BurpSuite
- Knowledge with Configuration Management: Salt, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Packer
- Knowledge with Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher
- Knowledge with Operating System: Ubuntu, CentOS, Windows
- Knowledge with Orchestration: Octopus, Rundeck
- Knowledge with Middleware: Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Kafka
- Knowledge with Data Management Systems: ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- Knowledge with Other: YAML, JSON, XML, Atlassian Product Suite
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
- We care about the people we serve
- We care about each other
- We care about our communities
- We embrace innovation
- We like simple
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.