UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Machine Learning Engineer your job will be to test, deploy and manage Machine Learning systems and tools to support Data Science use cases. In addition, you will help build ML Ops processes to support the development of ML pipelines and the production deployment of models. These processes will use DevOps processes. You will be part of a highly talented team and work closely with a team of data scientists, architects, and engineers.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Deploy and manage cloud-based Machine Learning tools
- Develop/utilize existing ML Ops processes to support training and deployment of models based on DevOps and CI/CD principles
- Partner with Data Scientists to test, validate and deploy Machine Learning models
- Extend existing ML Frameworks, API connectivity and libraries to meet user needs
- Provide guidance on Azure cloud methodologies, standards, and best practices
- Proactively design shared assets to promote re-use
- Ability to document solutions
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or equivalent proven experience
- 5+ years overall IT industry experience
- Experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures focused on cloud technologies
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools
- Experience in cloud Architecture or Software Engineering role
- Software development and implementation skill and experience in Python
- Knowledge of cloud security including user access promoting minimum privilege, encryption at rest/transit, key vault management, vulnerability assessments
- Excellent technical architecture, communication, and organization skills to successfully operate as a leading member of a team that delivers quality services and solutions
- Proficient in Advanced SQL
- Microsoft certification
- 2+ years in ML Engineering Role
- 2+ years of experience using the following platforms/technologies:
- Azure or AWS cloud environments
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible for cloud deployments
- Connecting to Data Engineering ETL solutions (CDC, Kafka, APIs, ELT)
- Code repository and notebook solutions (Git, Jupyter, etc.)
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages (R, Python, Java, Node.js)
- 1+ years of Azure Experience
- Experience in solution delivery using Scaled Agile methodologies
- Experience with ML Models and general knowledge of machine learning concepts
If hired, you will need to provide your licensing certification within your first week of employment so that UHC / your manager can apply for your appointment as our agent. If you are not yet licensed, you must pass the state requirements and provide UHC / your manager with the requisite information no later than 30 days after your first day of employment. Failure to provide this required information within the time frames noted or loss of licensure during your employment may result in the termination of your employment.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.