American investment banking firm seeks a Senior Java Specialist for a 6+ month contract paying up to £850 p/d, within their Global Markets Technology team based in London.
They are a high performing front-office development team working on delivery of new strategic pricing and auto-hedging capabilities for E-Trading for 2021.
In a typical day you can expect to develop Java code, review code written by your colleagues, attend Agile ceremonies, refine requirements with users (Quantitative Strategies Group and Traders) and liaise with sibling teams in EFX (market access, dashboard, price distribution etc).
You will have the opportunity to work with leading edge ultra-low-latency technologies like zero-GC JVMs, kernel bypass networking, core pinning and market data technologies.
- Highly technical with at least 8 years Java server-side development experience.
- Must possess an advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant analytical degree.
- Have full technology stack knowledge of Java to Linux and networks.
- KDB / Q experience
- Have prior pricing or algo-trading experience in any asset class.
- Have excellent communication skills to face off to tech management, Quantitative Strategies Group and trading desk.
- Full SDLC experience, Git, Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Advanced programming skills including: understanding of algorithms and data structures, design patterns, multi-threading.
- Candidate must be a strong team player
What you will do
- Develop new realtime, low-latency pricing services for FX Swaps pricing and NDF auto-hedging
- Develop new features and enhancements to existing pricing and auto-hedging services for Spot and NDF
- Update existing codebase as required by external venue upgrades, internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Fully engage with the Agile SDLC
- Work alongside Quantities Strategies Group to review code and enhance backtesting capabilities.
- Solve problems independently, manage your own workload, engage other teams where required, escalate appropriately and pro-actively drive tasks to completion
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.