Role: Linux Administrator Engineer
Location: London or Peterborough
Salary: 55,000 – 65,000 + Optional Oncall + Benefits
You must be happy to go on site 3 days a week (there are multiple offices in London.)
I am looking for a skilled Red Hat/Centos Linux engineer who is experienced in working in an enterprise environment, and has strong technical, organisational and communication skills.
* Monitor performance, troubleshoot problems and outages, schedule upgrades and provide continual improvement to your area of responsibility.
* Designing and implementing new solutions and improvements to the resilience of the current environment
* Ensure all platforms are maintained to a supportable stable version
* Ensure all platforms are secure, working within our security team to ensure that systems are updated as and when necessary, and implementing any urgent fixes/mitigations responding to threats as they arise.
* Designing and creating Linux infrastructure as code and in the cloud (AWS and Azure)
* Create and maintain scripts to automate administrative procedures
* Provide Out of hours cover as part of a rota
* Have an understanding of the challenges of supporting a large 24/7 operation
* Be an expert in Linux administration, ideally within an enterprise environment handling 200+ servers
* Red Hat Linux certification preferred
* Good practical experience of configuration managers (Ansible)
* Strong scripting, system security and automation skills (Desirable)