The Linux Team at ANS is responsible for working with clients through troubleshooting, monitoring and enhancing solutions. At the center of all the work we do, our focus is on the client experience, with each pod working together to maintain SLA and increase pod NPS through delivering amazing service. We use skills matrix self-assessments to identify areas of training and development within the team so that we can continuously upskill members of the team.
The Linux team, like other support teams, is a very fast-paced environment, with a focus on providing world-class support to our clients. As a team, we focus on multiple KPIs, some statistical, others reported by clients. Clients rate interactions with the team in Overall Rating, Speed Resolved and Quality. Statistical KPIs include SLA compliance, time to resolution, ticket completes, tasks and calls. Each of these factors ties directly into the ANS customer-first focus.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Working as part of a team to isolate & resolve client issues in time-sensitive situations
- Educating clients in Linux system administration and web hosting best practice Identifying opportunities to modernise client solutions
- Working on a range of solutions, from single servers to complex multi-region environments.
- Proactively engaging with clients over the phone and ticket system
- Providing emergency out-of-hours support (Weekends, optional night shifts with uplift)
- Taking a proactive role in developing your skillset with personalised progression plans
- Contributing to in-house projects using CI/CD pipelines
- You will also work alongside your colleagues to provide support for products across the whole ANS Product offering including:
- SSL Installations
- Domain Registration and advice
- Backups and Restores
- ANS Appliance configurations (WAF, Caching Proxies, Load Balancers)
- Hardware Upgrades
What We Need From You:
Previous experience in MSP related industries is preferred but not necessary. The preferred candidate will be goal orientated, forward thinking and willing to adapt to meet customer requirements, they will also have experience with Linux in a hosting setting. Although we can offer training to the right candidate, the minimum vendor qualifications for this role are either:
- CompTIA Linux+
- LPIC 101 & 102
Knowledge or Exposure of the below technologies:
- Mail Management (eg. Exim, Postfix)
- Web Hosting Management GUIs (eg. cPanel, Plesk
Why work for ANS?
At ANS we try to do things a bit differently. We don’t settle for ‘that’ll do’ or for ‘that’s how we usually do it’. We’re a diverse, curious crowd and we like to know why things are done in a certain way. Not just for the sake it, but because we want to change things, to improve them, to create something special. We’re a down to earth, straight-talking bunch. Who have great ideas, do amazing work and who don’t accept the usual ways of doing things.
There are about 650 of us who think like this, helping to mould one of the UK's few 1 billion tech businesses. So, you know you'll be working with lots of other smart, daring, like-minded people.
The important thing is what we do together.
Our culture is built on mentoring and progression, so whether you’re an apprentice just starting out, or joining us with years of experience, our goal is simple. We want to find the best talent and invest in our people so that they can be the best they want to be, because when you progress, so do we.Find out more at LinkedIn pages
Everyone needs downtime so’
- As standard: 25 days’ holiday, plus you can buy up to 5 more days
- A little extra: Happy Birthday – have an extra day’s holiday on us to celebrate your birthday;
- Tying the knot? We give you 5 days’ additional holiday in the year you get married;
- Got kids? Get the first day of school off to help your little ones adjust
Live your life..
- Private health insurance
- Pension contribution match and 4 x life assurance
- Hybrid, flexible and remote working
- Work from an approved international location for up to 30 days per year
- Maternity: 16 weeks’ full pay Paternity: 3 weeks’ full pay, Adoption: 16 weeks’ full pay
- On-site gym
- Free onsite parking
- Company & team activities and events including parties, family & friends celebrations, charity days and many more
It's All About Us And The Planet We Inhabit
- Salary sacrifice electric car scheme
- 5 Volunteer days
- 12 days of personal growth development time
- Active and engaged diversity groups with events and educational sessions arranged regularly
ANS are an equal opportunities employer. We encourage diversity and anyone applying for a role at our organisation can be assured that their application will be treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, gender expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sex or sexual orientation. We sometimes ask for information relating to individuals for equal opportunities monitoring purposes only.