Job ID:R0117222 Listed: 2022-03-24 Regular/Temporary: Regular Location: London
Job Title: Lead Strategics Python Engineer – Transaction Monitoring Analytics
Corporate: Vice President
The Group Strategic Analytics (GSA) concentrates the Bank's quantitative and modelling expertise within a single unit. With group-wide responsibility for model development, GSA takes a cross-business and cross-functional approach to solving complex quantitative challenges.
You will join the Trader and Client Controls team within GSA, a team developing and deploying advanced solutions as Control against trading fraud. The Controls run in a global scale, across all products, businesses, and regions that the Investment Bank and Corporate Bank operate in, with the models reviewing millions of trades and transactions every day.
What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Developing platform and sophisticated analytics to implement the aims of the Programme – to proactively monitor, identify, and prevent trading fraud. The project has very high visibility, both internally and externally
- Working across the full spectrum of the development lifecycle -rapidly knocking out functional prototypes to implementing these in production, and resolving issues with the engineering and analytical applications
- Responsibility of problem-solving at a globally complex scale, ability to navigate a complex organisation to identify key systems and influence people required to deliver the product
- Full-stack development skills providing the ability to take engineering prototype from inception through to production
- Engaging business and stakeholders to understand needs and requirements, translating these into technical proposals and prototypes, and driving the implementation
Your skills and experience
- Senior Engineer operating as technical lead or directly line managing a development team; developing, supporting, and mentoring junior team members, supporting resolving technical blockers, driving the design and development of complex applications
- Excellent programming skills, predominantly across the Python/Anaconda suite (Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy), Apache Spark and database design
- Engineering data pipelines across distributed, complex datasets to get the data in a form in which to apply the model
- Excellent software engineering process fundamentals, (fluent with unit/functional/integration testing, Atlassian suite of software tools, code reviews, pull requests)
- Ideally exposure to and participation in using machine learning and statistical modeling techniques in identifying patterns and signals
How we'll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.