Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead technical work streams in a Scrum/Agile Software Engineering practice
- Lead complex hands-on development, management and implementation of APIs and microservices, creating code that does one thing exceptionally well
- Lead the modification of complex APIs and microservices, focusing on improving the resiliency, performance and supportability
- Plan and migrate foundational APIs and microservices to Strategic through analysis and good software engineering processes
- Plan for and lead the creation of decommission plans for foundational APIs, understanding that the work isn’t done until the existing work is decommissioned
- Create / review high level business requirements and collaborating with subject matter experts in architecting/designing multiple solution ideas, designs, and estimating work efforts
- Work in a functional/technical capacity providing technical and functional expertise to business and various IT Teams
- Partner with Architecture and Product teams to perform Backlog tasks in the assigned priority
- Work with IT development peers and production support to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects during development, testing, and post-production phases
- Proven and demonstrated skills with Kubernetes, DevOps, Security and performance evaluation and tuning
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years writing or consuming web APIs
- 8+ years of Software Engineering with demonstrated modern engineering principles
- 8+ years of modernization and enhancement of existing systems
- 6+ years Cloud enablement/migration/engineering practices
- 5+ years building Microservice Architectures
- 5+ years development experience focusing on microservices
- 4+ years leading Agile teams in Software Engineering practice
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.