Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Primarily responsible for the configuration and analyst activities for the global compensation technologies and capabilities
- Work closely with the Service Level Owners, Directors of Product, Technology Leaders, and Product Analysts to understand and execute the strategy, vision, and roadmaps for your product responsibilities
- Collaborate on the strategic design of the product or solution for which you are responsible, considering the global impact of product solutions
- Clearly articulate business requirements and opportunities for the problems we are trying to solve
- Serve as a subject matter expert for your technology stack and a leader in the Product Management (Dev Ops) organization responsible for all aspects of the planning and execution lifecycle associated with compensation products and capabilities
- Translate product strategies and designs from your assigned stakeholder groups into harmonized product implementation activities in partnership with Project Management and Service Delivery teams.
- Develop and maintain deep partnerships and relationships with operational and other cross-functional leaders and jointly develop plans to achieve large-scale value
- Establish and maintain influential relationships with relevant stakeholders in Human Capital, Optum Technology, and across the organization. Build relationships, uncover dependencies, build internal support for initiatives, and influence stakeholders
- Coordinate with internal teams to prioritize enhancements, break/fix issues, and projects, making strategic recommendations/tradeoffs as necessary
- Remain acutely aware of the team’s deliverables and communicate the team’s prioritized list of work to be delivered
- Coordinate execution and the completion of projects to meet business results by leading cross-functional team in the development of solutions
- Seek to learn the business you are supporting and own its evolution and devise innovative ideas to share with key compensation team partners
- Partner with other technology teams to resolve technical issues and strategize on technology infrastructure and processes
- Partner with Delivery Service Management team to identify metrics and success criteria to create transparency and visibility into program success and/or improvement areas
- Incorporate metrics in team delivery processes and execute continuous improvement initiatives
- Assist team in identifying and executing tasks that fill in gaps in work streams, supporting implementation, and other needs that may arise
- Serve as an escalation point for unresolved vendor-related issues and engage the necessary internal technology teams as needed
- Guide product team members and offer professional development opportunities to the extent possible within your control. Provide support for day-to-day responsibilities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience
- 4+ years of HCM systems experience
- 4+ years leading, developing, mentoring, and coaching others
- 3+ years Oracle Cloud HCM experience
- 3+ years Oracle BIP experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work within and navigate a complex, matrixed organization
- Ability to effectively drive people, process, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain system concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists, and the ability to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels and especially to senior leadership.
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Solid skill in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work
- environment, high attention to detail
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.