Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as technical SME in architecture and design for commercial software development and the introduction of new technologies in the Public Cloud (AWS/Azure) and API Space
- Demonstrate leadership in the context of software engineering and be an evangelist for engineering best practices
- Provide design leadership in solving large or complex development of end-to-end software projects involving application development, migrations and additions to existing applications
- Build team engineering skills with extensive knowledge of Java application development architecture and hands on experience of Java /J2EE Technologies, Micro Services, Data Ingestion using Kafka, No SQL systems like Cassandra/MongoDB/Elastic Search and expose data via Graph resolvers
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry, evaluating emerging software technologies
- Responsible for research, evaluation, and identification of alternative approaches to support API development needs. Data Analysis and Profiling. Recommends, designs and codes efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems for medium to large work efforts of medium to high complexity
- Complies with standards and guidelines related to the design, construction, testing and deployment activities within the Delivery Management environments
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 6 + years of software product development experience working on commercially available software and / or healthcare platforms
- Solid experience of operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business requirement
- Experience in using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile / Scrum, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps etc.
- Experience with REST/ JSON APIs, Java, Spring, and Springboot, CLT, Microservices, Kafka, No-SQL Data Stores, Docker, Containers
- Working Knowledge on public clouds like AWS, Azure and developing applications on Linux environments
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API management platforms and API related activities: requirement analysis, software architecture and design, resource -based API modeling, and micro -services architecture
- Proven track record of acting as an advocate for driving new technology across the organization via the creation of communities and publishing SDK / libraries for reuse across the organization
- Proven track record of building relationships across cross-functional teams
- Practical experience of developing solutions hosting within key major cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
- Experience with Automation Frameworks, such as Selenium WebDriver, Rest assured, SOAP UI, Neoload, Spock, Groovy
- Experience / exposure to API integration frameworks
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture
- Good understanding of GraphQL, resolvers
- Demonstrate being an avid supporter of the Open-Source software community
- Excellent time management, communication, decision making, and presentation skills
- Display a strong desire to achieve and attain high levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ability to establish repeatable processes, best practices and implement version control software in a Cloud team environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.