Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Vanguard is Optum's Cloud Coaching and Consulting team. You will be responsible for helping teams within their cloud journey. Primarily your focus will be within Azure, but knowledge of AWS/GCP will be helpful. Communication and training skills are vital to this role.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
To know more about Optum Technology, select this video. http://youtu.be/7iNvN3d3HNA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consulting and coaching teams through their Cloud Modernization Journey
- Helping teams troubleshoot their Infrastructure and Architectures
- Working with teams to design Cloud Native applications and Infrastructure
- Constantly learning about the new technologies that are emerging in the Public Cloud
- Hosting "Office Hours" held weekly to answer our customers questions
- Building and teaching courses in the Optum environment
- Building, reviewing and publishing new patterns to focus reusable code
- Contributing to the knowledge and the expansion of the team as we enhance our organization
Equal to what you will be doing, it's important to you to know what the position will NOT be responsible for:
- This is not a coding, hands-on Engineering position. While you will have opportunities to code, the work is around our patterns to publish
- This position does not require on-call or Pager Duty
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- 5+ years experience in creating and reviewing Architectural and Network designs in a Cloud Native environment
- In depth understanding (4+ years experience) Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- 3+ years creating terraform scripts to support Infrastructure as Code
- 3+ years integrating components into CI/CD pipeline, specifically Jenkins
- 2+ years building services in Kubernetes
- Ability to work across and collaborate with multiple teams including platform teams and corporate security
- Ability to listen intently to the needs of the customers moving to cloud
- Ability to influence customers to utilize modern cloud practices
- Ability to influence internal platform and support teams to create cloud native solutions easing the transition of customers to cloud
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Coaches, provides feedback, guides, and mentors others
- Consulting experience in a Technology field
- Proven success in implementing new technologies in large enterprises
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Resourceful and works independently; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage conflicts with customers
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload that is often dynamic and changing
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.