Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As one of the fastest growing businesses within Optum, with more than 11 million consumers and providers currently under our umbrella, Optum Financial Technology is dedicated to improving both the health and productivity of those we serve.
One out of seven adults in the U.S. uses an Optum Financial product, not to mention we’re the largest Health Saving Accounts (HSA) provider and the 35th largest mover of money in the U.S. Our wide impact gives us a real opportunity to create financial technology that transforms healthcare for both consumers and providers alike.
So, what is it that makes us so unique? Well for starters, Optum Financial Technology is dedicated to helping people with not only their healthcare, but also their financial wellbeing. Our teams are fixated on transforming the experience for consumers and changing the way that people pay for healthcare. Here, innovation isn't just about creating new gadgets, it's about making healthcare financial data available wherever and whenever people need it’safely and reliably. We help members manage their own health in a more efficient, more affordable way and give our providers the flexibility they need to support their patients.
Optum financial services technology is establishing a FinTech platform creating customer friendly solutions. We have established a reputation of delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best in class solutions. We are supporting the challenging intersection of healthcare and payments, two of most exciting growth verticals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Lead Engineer will work closely with development teams to enable the building of a next-generation payment processing platform. In addition, the Architect will advise, design solutions, and write code, as required, for new product enhancements in both legacy and next-generation services. This position is someone who will research and develop expertise on VPay’s claims payment platform, and, as such, will interact closely with business management and development team leads to advise and help develop solutions for needs of the company. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can troubleshoot problems, understand code, research solutions, help code as required, and communicate requirements clearly.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with other IT professionals in the company in order to determine needs for new software, platforms and applications
- Partner with key stakeholders such as CIO, Product Management, Treasury, Operations, and various development team members
- Identify and analyze platform problems and advise or perform remediation, as required
- Encourage evolution of the platform through big ideas in architecture and platform improvements
- Provide expertise, advice, and counsel on existing platform technical design through documentation, data diagrams, graphs, and flow charts
- Produce clear solutions and technical requirements to development teams for various product enhancements and transformation projects
- Train, mentor, and professionally develop development team members in platform design and architecture
- Ensure adherence to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility etc.
- Help maintain consistency in technology and design choices across the entire development team
- Update and promote code for projects, as required due to expertise or resource constraints
- Ensure platform health, scalability, and resilience through regular review and feedback to development teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Deep development expertise in C# and SQL
- Ability to read and understand legacy code in various technologies
- Experience architecting, building, and launching software products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled multitasker with excellent listening skills
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal direction
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.