At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Surest’, A UnitedHealthcare Company, (formerly Bind) provides a new approach to health benefits designed to make it easier and more affordable for people to access health care services. Our innovative company is part tech start-up, part ground-breaking service delivery-changing the way benefits serve customers and consumers to deliver meaningful results and better outcomes (and we have just begun). We understand our members and employers alike desire a user-friendly, intuitive experience that puts people in control when it comes to the choices they make and the costs they pay for medical care, and we are seeking team members to continue to advance our vision. At Surest, we pride ourselves in our ability to make a difference, and with the backing of our parent company, UnitedHealthcare, we can operate in the best of both worlds-the culture and pace of an innovative start-up with big company support and stability. Come join the Surest team (we just changed our name from Bind to Surest) and help us design and deliver a cutting-edge health benefit that changes the face of healthcare.
Surest is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for programming and architecture to help drive change for the health insurance consumer. In this role, you will closely collaborate with Product, Data Science, Data Engineering, and Technology Teams to design and build the technologies supporting these stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and build scalable backend services and tools to help teams implement, deploy and analyze data assets with a high level of autonomy and limited friction
- Help maintain a solid architectural foundation for the company through reference architecture, proofs of concept, and design reviews
- Stay up to speed on new technologies and introduce them to your teammates
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, key stakeholders, and other colleagues in clearly and effectively executing projects/features/stories through code
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in software development and coding in at least one modern object-oriented language
- Demonstrated experience with software design and architecture patterns
- Demonstrated understanding of software quality engineering principles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another relevant field
- 2+ years of experience with microservices architecture
- 2+ years of experience with Spring or SpringBoot
- 2+ years of experience designing and delivering software through CI/CD methods
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and contributing to an event-driven architecture
- Kafka expertise
- Experience in healthcare or experience working with sensitive data
- Demonstrated experience working within Agile environments: Scrum or Kanban
- SQL mastery
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly technical environment with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present to people at all levels across the enterprise
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.