Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology Engineering Department has an opening for a Lead Software Engineer. This position is open for Pleasanton (CA), Plano (TX), Boise (ID) and Vancouver (BC, Canada).
Albertsons Companies Supply Chain team has a need for a Lead Software Engineer. This role will be an individual contributor role with hands-on engineering responsibilities to lead Development/Engineering and QA teams in delivering projects that pertain to the Supply Chain Warehouse Replenishment business functions. The candidate will work closely with the IT Director and partner with its peer development team members, other cross-functional IT teams, business stakeholders and leadership team distributed across geographical locations including Pleasanton (CA), Plano (TX), Boise (ID) and Vancouver (BC, Canada).
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical leadership and guidance in architecture and design of solutions in Supply Chain Warehouse Replenishment domain
- Convert abstract business ideas into technical architectures, designs, and implementations
- Partner with other Engineering Leads and Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solution architecture to implement a quality and stable solution.
- Develop and Deploy applications using organization's technology practices, standards and procedures, including adherence to software design, development and code reviews, as well as security and DevOps/infrastructure standards.
- Define and create reusable application components/patterns from a business and technology perspective.
- Research marketplace for programming trends when required and work with development practices team to standardize them for the project or team use.
- Analyze business processes, fit-gap analysis, inefficiencies, and risks to determine appropriate process and system design.
- Optimize and streamline business process with technical solutions.
- Use Agile SCRUM to deliver solutions with high level of flexibility and adaptability.
- Lead troubleshooting and root cause determination and proactively identify opportunities to fix issues
- Coordinate releases, user acceptance testing with Albertsons project teams, third party application vendors, and business stakeholders
- Responsible for leading and mentoring distributed technical teams (on-shore, off-shore, and near-shore) through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Foster a culture of innovation in the team and encourage creative solutions
- Develop strong working relationships at various levels throughout the business and IT community to ensure overall project satisfaction
- Determine and implement the most efficient and cost-effective solution
- 8+ years of hands-on architecture, design, programming, and implementation experience (OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies, Microservice architecture SOAP/REST) using Open JDK, Spring Framework
- Must have experience working on B2B cloud-based software.
- 5+ years of experience of development experience with diverse integration technologies and platforms such as IBM DataStage, IIB, IBM Sterling, Oracle SOA suite is a must.
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata.
- 5+ years of Supply Chain applications development experience is a plus
- 3+ years of overall BI architecture, including ETL processes, EDW, Azure data lakes, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks.
- 2+ years experience in high-frequency messaging/event streaming platform (MQ, Kafka).
- 2+ years of experience in application development, capacity planning, systems performance analysis, optimization and running apps in public cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure OR GCP).
- Middleware experience with Tomcat and Weblogic
- Experience in CI/CD and deployment processes and tools (Jenkins, AKS, Maven, Git).
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying Reactive patterns.
- Strong ability to visualize the solution at higher level of abstraction using patterns before getting into low-level details.
- Strong ability to decompose business requirements to a technical solution with high-level UML diagrams using design patterns and low-level class diagrams
- Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile, Iterative development).
- Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER