Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At Starship, a subsidiary of Optum Financial, you will find careers that are innovative, rewarding and empowering. We are creating a healthier future with our digital, mobile-first health savings and spending account (HSA) platform. We are streamlining the care experience by putting people in greater control of their financial health and personal wellness, by making your HSA more accessible and easier to use. Here, you’ll be part of a diverse team, with brilliant people from the financial and tech industries, who are passionate about improving the lives of others. Help us shape the future of health care and start doing your life’s best work.’
As a lead Software Engineer, you’ll work alongside our CTO to take our product to the next level by tightening integration and enhancing compliance with industry standards. In this role, you’d work on architecting, designing, and implementing a system where delivering secure information in real time is essential.
We seek out engineers who are hard-skilled software pros but also thinkers and tinkerers who find creative solutions for complex problems and challenge the status quo. We love automation, code review, and continuous integration, and you should too. At Starship, we’re constantly iterating and improving our products to provide our members with the best experience possible.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designing scalable and resilient data pipelines and handle exponential member growth with confidence
- Contributing to an event driven software stack to keep auditors happy
- Designing data models and workflows to make use of health financial data
- Collaborating with engineers and product managers to make sure we're building the right solutions for the right problems
- Developing new user-facing features
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Thoughtful communication through code and design review
- Striving to build great experiences, and putting users ahead of technology
- Improving our current tech-stack, found here https://stackshare.io/starship/starship
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Experience in implementing testable business logic that is secure and easy to maintain
- Experience in building and consuming various API endpoints (REST, AMQP, GraphQL)
- Familiarity with message brokers and event streams’e.g., AWS SNS, SQS, Azure ServiceBus, or similar
- Experience working in high security environments’e.g., payments, healthcare
- Interest in architecting and operating event-driven services and designs
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to dive into complex systems and understand how they work
- You work with a sense of empathy for others, both end users and your fellow engineers
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.