Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Lead Software Engineer – Salesforce
Sunbelt’s Lead Software Engineer is equipped for success so we can make it happen for our customers.
The Lead Software Engineer will accelerate the use of the Salesforce platform by advising on industry best practices, driving customer visioning and alignment, and architecting solutions for short and long-term customer success. The Lead Software Engineer will also work with project teams and be responsible for conceiving, designing, building, and testing functional aspects of the overall solution. These solutions will be optimized to leverage our Salesforce.org products within the Clouds and the Salesforce platform.
- Oversee and have accountability for the successful completion of all components of assigned implementation work
- Engage on Salesforce projects as a trusted advisor and architect to address Product Management requests and make architecture recommendations; works with the business to define technology roadmaps
- Accountable & responsible for examining the current systems architecture and working with business and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems
- Follow best practices and project guidelines in all cases including the use of source code control, continuous integration and deployment, test driven development, and proper documentation practices
- Accountable for collaborating with business relationship managers and business stakeholders to understand business requirements, identifying solution gaps and available capabilities, and defining solutions to meet the business need
- Develops, maintains, and communicates processes and standard practices related to the high-level design, development and implementation of solutions across portfolio of projects and enhancements in the domain
- Design and optimize business processes while working to standardize, simplify, and align to Salesforce and Salesforce.org product and solution capabilities
- Ensures solutions meet business needs along with architecturally significant functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Architect industry solutions on the Salesforce platform by maximizing the use of “out of the box” capabilities
- Provide guidance and best practices around functional solution design, application development (e.g. Agile methodology) and user adoption strategies
- Develop testing, validation and enablement plans to ensure alignment with the customer’s goals and overall project vision
- Analyze and identify potential project risks or issues and develop plans to address or mitigate
- Support delivery activities related to scope development, work estimation, work breakdown structures and project planning
- Maintain strong hands-on skills with MuleSoft Platform and stay current on MuleSoft products, strategies, and good practices by maintaining relationships with the MuleSoft product teams, interacting regularly with the overall MuleSoft community, and proactively pursuing training opportunities as needed
- Helps to ensure outside partners are educated on approved technical solutions and works with those partners to ensure requirements are met.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years leading technology teams in development efforts that are governed by timeline, scope and budget and 3+ years of enterprise technology experience, including Salesforce implementations
- Includes 5 years of hands-on-experience architecting and delivering solutions related to building highly available services with high throughput and cross services security
- Salesforce Certified (Solution Architect, Admin, Advanced Admin, Platform App Builder)
- Fully understand the latest capabilities of Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, CPQ, Experience Cloud and the platform to maximize configuration through clicks (vs custom code development)
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall implementation methodologies
- Experience with Apex Classes, Apex Triggers, Visualforce Pages, Visualforce Components, Flows, Process Builder, etc.
- Skilled at analyzing and mapping complex business processes, while identifying opportunities for business process standardization and improvements
- Able to develop detailed project documentation (e.g. Process Flow Diagrams, Data Models, Solution Designs, Training Materials, etc.)
- Team player with an ability to align a team, drive collaboration, and work cross-functionally
- Strong understanding of common business processes that will be the foundation of many solutions
- Understanding of project priorities, timelines, budget, and deliverables and the need to proactively push yourself and others to achieve project goals
- Ability to take “total ownership” of assignments to resolve issues and drive them to completion
- Understanding of architectural concepts for MuleSoft implementations including encryption, security, logging, throttling, scalability, clustering, and security
Safety is key to our culture:
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace:
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Columbia, SC Notification: This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.