ClarionDoor A Zywave Company provides a best-in-class, cloud-based, SaaS platform for distributing property & casualty insurance, including pricing management, forms management & document generation, and web service generation & management. expanding into reporting/analytics, and more. As a Lead Developer, you will work with team members to size, prioritize, design, and implement new features and functionality of our products.
Why Should You Apply?
- You will learn a product inside and out, take ownership of it, and drive it forward
- Participate in sprint planning for the respective team.
- Support complex market needs with a product-centric, configurable approach
- Incorporate feedback from internal users and customers
- Reinvest and revisit previous functionality to keep the product fresh
- Consistently deliver production-grade code
- Learn new things and bring new ideas to the team
- Foster an innovative, inclusive and diverse team environment, promoting positive team culture, encouraging collaboration, continuous improvement and self-organization.
- Partner with Product Management counterparts on new product opportunities, process and improvements.
- Be a mentor to junior team members
- Great attitude & strong desire to learn
- College degree or equivalent experience in computer science or similar field, including an expert understanding of programming fundamentals
- Five years of professional work experience, with two years experience leading your team
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with:
- Back end web languages (we use PHP primarily, some Go, some Node.js)
- Modern front end frameworks (Vue.js, Typescript)
- AWS (Lambda, API Gateway, Cognito, Opensearch, and many more)
- Infrastructure as Code
- CI/CD (CodePipeline or similar)
- Creating and consuming REST APIs
- Various database technologies (MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, S3)
- QA Teams to coordinate testing resources
Mentor others on the teamInsurance technology, specifically in property and casualty, experience is a plus
Why pick Zywave? Zywave is a cutting edge, web-based SaaS company that has revolutionized the insurance industry by helping independent agencies leverage technology solutions to grow their business in employee benefits and property and casualty markets. Zywave has been a highly profitable and growing business for over 20 years and is consistently voted a Top Workplace, also earning an award for Milwaukees Coolest Office.