Founded in 1994, Mindex specializes in software development for large enterprise clients in the Rochester, NY area and for New York State K-12 schools. We are a rapidly growing organization expanding heavily into cloud app. development and modernizing our home-grown K-12 Student Management System, SchoolTool.
Using highly developed analytical, technical, and conceptual skills, the Lead Software Engineer will develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems. Having experience in analysis, architecture, development, and technical leadership is essential. The Mindex iterative process of Agile product development often requires adaptation in approach based on client norms and feedback. The Lead Software Engineer's ideas will be flexible and focused on the clients best interest. Effective verbal and written communication, and easy to understand technical explanation will keep clients, senior management and staff aligned and engaged.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the clients mission, vision, and business value as defined by the clients Product Owner.
- Partner with client stakeholders such as the Product Owner, technical and non-technical managers, architects, and subject matter experts to consultatively design and implement technical solutions that transform the clients vision into tangible business value.
- Partner with the Scrum Master to manage the solution team to design, develop and implement solutions considering client needs, solution architecture and resource constraints.
- Moderate the solution creation process, coordinate agile development of the solution and ensure good development practices.
- Deliver an uncompromising customer experience.
- Build technical and non-technical relationships inside of your team, across Mindex delivery teams and with Customer stakeholders.
- Lead, mentor, and coach junior team members help them to become better engineers.
- Remain accountable for work output of the delivery team from concept through delivery.
- Act as final quality gate for all team deliverables, approving PRs, reviewing test automation and documentation and returning for rework as needed.
- Be a trusted advisor. Be present, attentive and fully engaged in customer meetings and discussions, and prepared to offer advice and assistance.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Five+ years of enterprise business software development experience in Java or .NET in complex heterogeneous environments.
- Comfortable with large complex database environments including SQL Server, Oracle, and MongoDB.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Java or .NET frameworks: Springboot, Spring framework, .NET MVC, .NET Core, .NET WebAPI.
- Working understanding of automated build, deploy, and release pipelines.
- Experience working within a DevOps environment.
- Experience in design for testability, and building out automated unit, integration and end-to-end test scenarios.
- Understanding of containerization and private cloud technologies such as Docker and Openshift.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams in an Agile/Scrum environment.