About this role:
As a Lead Engineer, you will define the strategy and solutions in building innovative engineering accelerators, shared services, frameworks, and libraries to enable Wells Fargo digital transformation and cloud adoption. You will provide subject matter expertise, technology guidance, drive Wells Fargo standards, and best practices to support development teams in Group CIO areas in managing their technology domains and meeting customer expectations.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large-scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Implement microservices using Java or .NET and build Single Page Applications using Angular or ReactJS
- Work with Enterprise Pipeline team on CI/CD, SAST, DAST tool chain
- Work with InfoSec team on security vulnerability remediations
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of experience with Agile development practices
- 2+ years of experience in building and deploying Microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience in development /maintain and supporting enterprise grade shared frameworks and services with ability to operate through an enterprise level inner source model.
- Experience with heavy focus on application modernization into Cloud ready /Cloud native application and services development into a hybrid cloud /multi-cloud eco system.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives.
- Knowledge and understanding of DDD, BDD, TDD concepts
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory
$133,300.00 – $237,100.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.