Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry’everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
If you are located in Shaumburg, IL you will have the flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days a week*, as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges.
- Architect solutions, applications and components in an agile environment
- Leverages the latest technologies and tools to solve complex problems facing the health care industry
- Performs complex conceptual analyses, develops innovative solutions, provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Deliver high quality solutions through effective design, development, implementation, and code reviews
- Work on full stack application development involving creation of APIs, big data platforms and data ingestions components
- Assisting with the automated creation of development application stacks
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
- Ensuring high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load, and user acceptance tests
- Coordinates with QA around test planning, automation, and execution
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of full SDLC experience
- 4+ years of coding experience with JVM based languages (Java, Scala, Groovy, Kotlin)
- 2+ years of experience with SQL and working on databases like Oracle, PostGres
- Demonstrated experience with leveraging BDD framework like JBehave, Spock, Scala Tests, Gherkin, Cucumber
- Demonstrated experience with front-end development frameworks like JQuery, React, Angular, etc.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining APIs using open source frameworks like Sprint Boot, Play
- Demonstrated experience in working on public cloud services
- Proven experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience in functional programming
- Hands-on experience in developing analytics with machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and/or other related modeling techniques
- Experience using advanced data science tools such as Python, R, SQL, Spark and H2O
- Experience developing and deploying analytic solutions using AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience in secure development practice
- Experience in Healthcare
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.