About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Specialty Software Engineer responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of specific modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products, which require knowledge in a niche area.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Mentor less experienced software engineers
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers
- Lead team to achieve objectives
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Software Development experience with architecting, designing and developing iOS or Android mobile applications
- 3+ years of mobile solutions engineering experience
- 4+ years of Android development experience
- 4+ years of iOS experience
- 1+ year experience in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, 2.1 or a combination of both
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Specialty Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of application and web security
- Knowledge and understanding of technology performance: analysis and tuning for applications
Location: Charlotte, NC
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.