About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer as part of the Commercial and Corporate & Investment banking Technology. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
The Commercial and Corporate & Investment Banking Technology (CCIBT) group supports the Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Banking businesses as well as Payment Solutions, Capital Markets Services, Wholesale Digitization, and International Technology across the firm. This diverse portfolio of capabilities spans multiple technology disciplines and strategic innovations. CCIBT provides strategic, enterprise-wide technology capabilities and enabling services to our lines of business and management of the applications in terms of skills, stability, security, scalability, speed, and cost.
As part of the CCIBT technology team the Lead Software Engineer the hands-on technologist developing and delivering innovative end to end technology solutions for commercial lending product capabilities across loan origination, loan servicing and loan delivery. They will have strong hands-on technical expertise in nCino/Salesforce platforms and development tools to lead the solution development and delivery for commercial lending products and services offered by Wells Fargo. They will participate in agile ceremonies like big room planning, being part of the scrum team implementing sound process design, develop creative and clean code, thorough unit testing and high performing implementations.
We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large-scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ of financial industry experience
- 3+ of experience Salesforce development and design skills including but not limited to: Apex, Lightning, SOQL, Process Builder, Flow, and other standard and advanced Salesforce automation tools
- 2+ of experience with agile methodologies
- 1+ years of experience implementing nCino managed package at other financial firms
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with a cross-functional and technical teams to drive the solution engineering decisions
- nCino/Salesforce certified
- Experience with commercial or SBA lending background and familiarity of banking language and processes is preferred
- Experience in web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modelling, and ETL tools
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with a cross-functional and technical teams to drive the solution engineering decisions.
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment.
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work on call on a rotational basis
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.