Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy’s Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app – you’ll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
Lead, Software Engineering at Macy’s Technology reports to the Manager, Software Engineering, and plays a key role in leading the software engineering technical direction and development of enterprise solutions. As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own and are responsible for the application architecture that best serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier”. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed software systems.
- Create/review technical design documentation and Provide leadership including constructive code reviews and design guidance to team members.
- Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment.
- Lead a technical team by example and foster growth in junior team members.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencie
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred.
- Overall 8+ years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise systems.
- Must have Java in depth knowledge – as well as an ability in mastering other tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages as well as experienced in open-source web and data technologies (Spring Boot, NoSQL, Microservices, Cloud services (Google preferred)).
- 3+ years of experience in Building cloud-native applications in private & public cloud (GCP preferred).
- 4+ years of experience with open source technology technologies in a high volume distributed environment.
- Experience working in a DevOps-oriented culture that prioritizes continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience in multi-channel retail technologies preferred.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects – can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.