About this role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels. Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Within EFT the Human Resource Information Technology (HRIT) team provides technology support for team member focused applications and processes, including payroll, benefits, learning and recruiting. We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer who will be part of a HRIT development team responsible for supporting and maintaining Workday application.
- Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of Workday application, technology, tools and product designs.
- Develop standards for Object Transporter (OX) tool and eGit usage in Workday object migrations and production deployment.
- Contribute to peer review and version control procedures for Workday object changes.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of Workday Integration and Report development standards.
- Develop standards and best practices for Workday performance monitoring.
- Champion adoption and implementation of best practices and design and development standards by Workday delivery teams.
- Ensure implementation of processes and tools for Workday design and development standard adherence.
- Guide and provide consultation to Workday Tenant Management team on best practices in Tenant Setup, Tenant Refresh and Tenant Management body of work.
- Act as a Workday product expert and early consumer of upcoming Workday new feature information and partner with other technology and business partners to decrease time to market for implementation of desired features.
- Champion Agile processes and tools and integrate Workday object migration tools with Enterprise SDLC process and toolset.
- Contribute to integration of Test Automation tool usage into SDLC process for Workday object changes.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to develop a trusted partnership.
- Understand and assess the customers' needs to meet the expected business results.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization to achieve consensus and resolve issues.
- Ensure proper handling of data in Enterprise HR systems based on internal data standards and security policies
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of experience with Workday Integrations and Reporting Development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Workday Studio
- 2+ years of experience with Object Transporter
- 4+ years of experience with Workday HCM Configuration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Hands-on experience working on Scrum / Agile team
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and implement change
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.