At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer…
About this role:
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Compliance, Legal, Audit & Regulatory Technology (CLAR) provides technology support and development for Legal & Data Controls, Compliance Risk & Audit, Financial Crimes, Front Office and Second Line Risk, Employee Compliance, Regulator Regulations, Market Surveillance, and Regulator Change Management.
The Employee Compliance Technology team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with strong expertise in .NET and Angular. We have an exciting new project for an in house build of an application using modern frameworks, CI/CD, and cloud technologies. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong technical skills as well as leadership and mentoring expertise.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Leverage companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- Develop, deploy and support complex software and custom code solutions. This includes writing code for web applications, interfaces, data feeds, etc.
- Document and share knowledge with team members
- Apply understanding of Business Continuity Planning (BCP), data quality, data integrity, security and compliance requirements for supported areas and analyzes changes for risk to the environment.
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff
- The candidate must be experienced in various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile, and have a solid understanding of technology and data.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of .NET experience
- 3+ years of .NET Core experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- 2+ years of Mongo DB experience or similar open sources DB
- 5+ years of C#.NET experience
- 3+ years of application development experience with ASP.NET(C#)
- 3+ years of UI (User Interface) experience using in one or a combination of the following: Angular, React JS
- Knowledge and experience implementing common design patterns to build applications
- Experience writing and maintaining unit and integration tests with xUnit, NUnit, or other similar frameworks.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience using continuous integration & delivery with tools such as GIT, Jenkins, and uDeploy
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- Knowledge of widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Jira and Confluence experience
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- MongoDB experience
- Experience or knowledge of distributed systems, API's, and message based systems
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) experience
- Experience in optimizing UI for desktop and mobile
- Financial services industry experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours as needed for production support.
$133,300.00 – $237,100.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.