About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead DevOps Software Engineer
We are hiring Lead DevOps Software Engineer – Production Support to join the (Platform Services Wealth Investment Management Technology Team.) The Resource will deliver enterprise capabilities that improve overall availability of ~600 applications across the Wealth and Investment business lines. We are looking for a senior-level engineer who enjoys and thrives on solving complex problems through innovation impacting change at scale.
You will join an elite team of engineers driving Technology's transformation by introducing enterprise capabilities and products, launching new platforms, building tools, automating away complex issues, and integrate with the latest technology. The team will leverage experience as software engineers and systems engineers/administrators and work closely with the rest of the WIM development and architecture teams.
In this role, you will:
- Strong Operations and application support background with an expertise in writing code, building automation and enabling DEVOPS and SRE practices.
- Apply technology background in software engineering, SRE, multi Cloud platform management, DevOps, CI/CD, Observability, and Continuous Testing to deliver and introduce new technology capabilities to solve operational issues in a multi-cloud technology landscape
- Ensure the applications are available, have full-stack observability, and are integrated with CI/CD and always-on by introducing continuous improvement through code, automation, self E healing/autonomic capabilities, APIs, continuous testing (performance, smoke, regression, functional, chaos) and providing operational insight through analytics.
- Assess the availability of critical business flows, identify service level objectives and indicators, and conduct destructive and resiliency testing to reach 99.995% availability for the firm's critical products and services leading to improved customer experience and customer satisfaction.
- Instrument applications for enterprise observability through Application Monitoring, Logging, Visualization, Analytics, and AI/ML.
- Explore continuous inspection capabilities code quality to identify problems before they manifest in production.
- Introduce and expand AIOps, ChatOps, NoOps, build machine learning (ML) models and algorithms, and robotic process automation (RPA) to solve complex operational and systemic issues, and to improve availability of products to customers.
- Share support responsibilities for critical applications, to identify systemic issues, conduct blameless post mortems, root cause analysis, and introduce strategic solutions in code that solve the problem and eliminate repeat issues.
- RWF – Please note that "RWF" is an identifier for internal recruiting purposes only and has no connection to the nature or responsibilities of the job.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of product development or product management experience
- 3+ years of build-deploy automation and configuration experience within the Linux and Unix environment
- 3+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5 + years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
Other Desired Qualifications:
- An industry-standard technology certification
- 7+ years of front end software engineering experience
- Experience with system administration across multiple platforms
- Experience with one or more CI/CD and Automation tools: Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Git, SonarQube, Artifactory, Ansible, Puppet, Apigee
- Experience with one or more Observability/Monitoring tools: Elastic, Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics, New Relic, DataDog, Kafka, CloudWatch, Jaeger, Zipkin, Big Panda, Splunk, TrueSight
- Experience with one or more Testing Frameworks: Selenium, JMeter, Blazemeter, Performance Center, Perfecto, Cucumber, Gherkin, ALM, Gremlin, Chaos Monkey, Chaos Toolkit, Simian Army, Toxi Proxy
- Experience with one or more OS and Platforms: AWS, PCF, PKS, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Linux, Azure, Windows, VMware
- Experience with one or more Data/Data Structures: Kafka, Apache Airflow, Logstash, Spark, Oracle, SQL, Mongo, Hadoop, Cloudera, AWS EMR, S3
- Knowledge of one or more additional capabilities: AIOps (Moogsoft, BigPanda, UIpath), Robotic Processing, Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) Frameworks, Capacity Management
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.