About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer within the DevOps Solution Engineering group in Enterprise Platform Services (EPS) who will lead projects and support complex strategic initiatives in the Continuous Delivery space.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Configuration Management Tools experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the following tools: CheckMarx, SonarQube, Black Duck.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
The DevOps Solution Engineer will responsible for the following:
‘ Design and develop frameworks and automated solutions that manage configurations and delivery of application and infrastructure artifacts from preproduction through production environments.
‘ Work closely with both DevOps automation engineers and pipeline developers on a daily basis to design solutions around continuous integration and continuous delivery.
‘ Produce technical analysis on design, construction, deployment and support of scalable software delivery automation solutions.
‘ Must take initiative and learn new technologies and adapt these tools and technologies in implementing automated solutions.
‘ Coaching and mentoring of other DevOps engineers
‘ Bring discipline and standardization to current SDLC practices and evolve them new models as necessary.
‘ Excellent written and verbal Communication Skills, ability to communicate with technical groups effectively.
‘ Work with other SMEs, architects, analysts to translate complex requirements into technical solutions
The candidate should be familiar with the Wells Fargo Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery ( CI/CD) framework along with at least 1 year of experience implementing and supporting CI/CD solutions for an internal department or line of business.
The candidates should have a strong focus on developing automation solutions for continuous integration and continuous delivery of applications using industry standard frameworks. This position requires extensive subject matter and extensive hands-on experience with Java or Groovy development in creating solutions that enable continuous integration and application lifecycle management.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.