With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Be Visionary: Visionary leaders are Change Drivers advancing the organization’s strategy by being Future Focused and Compelling Communicators.
- Build Capability: Leaders build capability in themselves by being Committed to Personal Excellence and are Talent Developers for others by providing growth opportunities, feedback and coaching.
- Create Community: Our leaders are Inclusive Leaders who are Relationship Minded, embracing individual differences, inspiring others to thrive, and building networks for effective collaboration.
- Empower Results: Leaders at DTCC are Results-Oriented, delivering timely, high quality, client-focused results, while mitigating risk. They are Business Savvy and understand DTCCs position in the global marketplace, recognizing the emerging industry trends that can impact DTCC business strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years or related experience.
- Passion for technology, a curious mind, and an entrepreneur mindset.
- Expert in back-end and front-end application development.
- Hands on experience in client/server and object-oriented software development utilizing Java/J2EE, Spring (Boot), Angular 6+, JSON, MQ, JMS, REST API, DB2, and Oracle DBs, Linux
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.
- Proven track record with WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss or other Application servers
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases including DB2, Oracle
- Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, development, and testing
- Solid focus on software testing with tools such as Junit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma.
- Demonstrable experience in software development using CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Nexus or similar)
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Works well as part of team. Self-motivated, tenacious learner
- Curious and agile mindset
- Strong communicator who is a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Able to support multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to provide adequate guidance & governance to project teams during component integration
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in Financial industry a plus
- Experience in Mainframe is a big plus
- Experience with AWS (EC2, Kinesis, Route53, S3, CloudWatch) is a plus
- Experience with Kafka/Solace is a plus.
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized by DTCC
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with DTCC technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Fosters a culture where honesty and transparency are expected.
- Stays current on changes in his/her own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up-to-date.
- Invests effort to individually coach others.
- Builds collaborative teams across the organization.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone across the organization informed.
- Resolves conflicts across the department by helping others find common ground.
- Ensures expected quality standards are met consistently; Minimizes risks associated with departmental projects by observing established instructions and processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.